- Comments Off on Norfolk County Council news and updates
- Tags: council, county, norfolk, updates
Norfolk County Council news and updates
Vaccination will further strengthen our monkeypox response and so we urge all those who are eligible for the vaccine to take it up when offered. While the infection is mild for many, it can cause severe symptoms and hospitalisation in some. Please remember that the vaccine may not provide complete protection against monkeypox, so it is still important to be alert for the symptoms of monkeypox and call 111 or a sexual health clinic if you develop any.
To assist with our contact tracing, we encourage everyone to ensure they exchange contact details with sexual partners, to help us limit further transmission where cases occur. NHS England is due to set out details on how eligible people can get vaccinated shortly. Full guidance on semen testing for monkeypox for clinicians has been published.
Councillors join forces to congratulate Kilbarchan Pipe Band on major championship wins
There are 3 confirmed cases in Scotland, one in Wales and one in Northern Ireland, taking the UK total to 90. We are asking people to look out for new spots, ulcers or blisters on any part of their body. There are currently 3 confirmed cases in Scotland, one in Wales and one in Northern Ireland, taking the UK total to 106.
- There are currently 4 confirmed cases in Scotland, 2 in Northern Ireland and 1 in Wales, taking the UK total to 190.
- M25 vehicle fire horror as emergency services scrambled to area as black smoke billows A FIRE broke out next to the M25, with two lanes closed and drivers facing delays…
- Man United remain in the hunt to sign Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong ahead of the transfer window closing.
- Anyone with unusual rashes or lesions on any part of their body, especially their genitalia, should immediately contact NHS 111 or their local sexual health service.
- NHS England is due to set out details on how eligible people can get vaccinated shortly.
- The latest cases bring the total number of monkeypox cases confirmed in England since 6 May to 9, with recent cases predominantly in gay, bisexual or men who have sex with men .
The latest cases bring the total number of monkeypox cases confirmed in England since 6 May to 20. The latest cases bring the total number of monkeypox cases confirmed in England since 7 May to 56. Additionally, today, UKHSA has published guidance principles agreed across all 4 UK nations on how to effectively limit transmission of monkeypox and limit onward transmission when cases are identified. This means all doctors in England are required to notify their local council or local Health Protection Team if they suspect a patient has monkeypox. Laboratories must also notify the UK Health Security Agency if the monkeypox virus is identified in a laboratory sample.
Latest snow update
The latest cases, as of 25 May, bring the total number confirmed in England since 7 May to 85. The latest cases, as of 26 May, bring the total number confirmed in England since 7 May to 101. Tell the person you speak to if you ianforsythphotographer.com have had close contact with someone who has or might have monkeypox, or if you’ve recently travelled to central or west Africa. The latest cases, as of 29 May, bring the total number confirmed in England since 7 May to 172.